1. Flack, Peter HUNTING THE SPIRAL HORNS—BUSHBUCK—the Little Big Buck. 2014 S. Africa Collectors’ Edition of only 200
signed numbered slipcased copies. 350 pp, profuse color ill. Foreword by Lou Hallamore. The shy, elusive bushbuck is one of
Africa’s most challenging trophies, especially for those who want a good trophy. Peter Flack is Africa’s “most experienced hunter
who is not a professional” and it shows through in thorough research and knowledge imparted in his book. For the bushbuck
hunter, this contains everything you might want to know: from natural history and distribution to big game hunting. Peter even
makes the “how to hunt bushbuck” sections sprightly reading. There are quotes from old classic books and, as an experienced
hunter, Peter was able to elicit really good hunting stories from those going afield today. BUSHBUCK has everything a big game
hunter or book collector could want. Large format—extra postage. $ 175.00
2. Rikhoff, J. HUNTING THE AFRICAN RHINO 2015 CA 475 pp, ill. All edges gilt. Ltd to 1,000 signed, numbered, slipcased
copies. This book, which stands on its own as a great book for anyone wanting to read all about rhino hunting, is also the final book
in the Amwell Press (but published by Safari Press) big five series and is printed to look like the first four books in the Amwell
series. The selections are from a who’s who of rhino hunters. Really good reading. NEW. $ 150.00
3. Aitken, R. GREAT GAME ANIMALS 1968 NY 192 pp. Profuse color & b/w ill. Extra large format. Named one of the six greatest
living big game hunters, Aitken spent a lifetime pursuing the world’s great game animals. This book is one of the best illustrated
(with photographs) we’ve seen. Fine in like dj. Large format—extra postage. $ 125.00
4. Alaska Big Game Trophy Club RECORDS OF ALASKA BIG GAME 1971. 1971 AK First/ONLY edition of this record book.
Hunting for all Alaskan big game: records, measurements, stories, photos. VG in vg jacket. $ 60.00
5. Allen, B. SECOND WHEEL 1985 NJ 234 pp. Part of the African Hunting Heritage Series. A White Hunter’s life from 1947-1967.
Second popular book from the noted PH. Ltd to 1,000 signed numbered slipcased copies. Fine in like slipcase. $ 275.00
a. another, no case and out of series #. Book fine. $ 75.00
6. Allen, B. FIRST WHEEL 1983 NJ 294 pp. Ill. National Sporting Fraternity LIMITED NUMBERED ed. signed by Allen & Jim
Rikhoff. 9th in the African Hunting Heritage series. Ltd to 1,000 signed/numbered copies. Autobiography of one of Africa’s most
colorful professional hunters. Fine in fine slipcase. $ 275.00
a. another, fine in near fine slipcase. $ 225.00
7. Almeida, T. JAGUAR HUNTING IN THE MATO GROSSO 1976 England True 1st ed. 194 pp. Ill. Hunting this fabulous cat with the
man who still guides hunters. One of the great jaguar hunting books. Orig. soft covers. $ 500.00
a. another, 1989 CA signed numbered LIMITED ed, only 500 slipcased copies. 276 pp, ill. With 10 additional chapters. As new in
like orig. slipcase. $ 550.00
8. Anderson, R. GREAT RAMS AND GREAT RAM HUNTERS 1994 TX 255 pp, profuse ill. DELUXE Limited Edition. Only 500
copies. Photos and trophies from the great sheep hunters of the last 40 years. Like new in orig. quarter leather, gilt pictorial cover.
Large format—extra postage. $ 300.00
a. another, near fine. $ 250.00
9. Anderson, K. THE TIGER ROARS 1967 NY 1st Amer ed. 219 pp. Hunting man-eating tigers in India with the popular author of
The Black Panther of Sivanipalli. Near fine in like dj. $ 120.00
10. Baker, S. WILD BEASTS AND THEIR WAYS 1988 Briar Patch reprint. 455 pp, ill. A lifetime of hunting experiences produced
this classic and sought after work. The big five plus more. Africa, Asia, America, Europe. Lion, elephant, leopard, bear, buffalo etc.
All edges gilt. Marbled end papers. One of the nicer reprints of this hunting classic. Fine. $ 125.00
a. another, Briar Patch Dlx ed. 500 copies, bound in genuine leather. Gilt stamped. Raised spine bands. Slipcased. Fine. $ 200.00
11. Balfour, A. TWELVE HUNDRED MILES IN A WAGGON 1970 reprint of 1895 ed. #1469 of 1500 copies. Second in the Pioneer
Head Heritage Series. 265 pp. Ill. Folding map. From south of the Zambesi to Cape Town. Interesting story of early Rhodesia. Fine
in vg+ dj. $ 80.00
12. Barrett, P. GREAT TRUE HUNTS 1967 NY 287 pp. Ill. in color & b/w. Worldwide big game hunting. Foss for polar bear, Fitz for
moose, Gates for Marco Polo sheep. Africa, Asia & North America. Near fine in jacket and inscribed by the author to Bill McRae.
a. another, nice in dj, remnants of bookplate removed from inside front cover. $ 50.00
13. Barrett, P. A TREASURY OF AFRICAN HUNTING 1970 NY 261 pp. Profuse color & b/w ill. Includes O’Connor on dangerous
game, Gates, Rikhoff, Warren Page and many more. One of the best recent African hunting books we’ve seen. VG+ (slight bump
in top text block) in near fine jacket. $ 85.00
a. another copy, near fine in fine dj. $ 110.00
14. Batchelor, J&J IN STANLEY’S FOOTSTEPS Across Africa from west to east. 1990 UK 176 pp, ill, large format. A fast moving
account by the authors who themselves trekked 3,000 miles in Stanley’s footsteps. As new in dj. A good read. $ 50.00
15. Batten, J. THE FOREST AND THE PLAIN 1984 NJ Amwell Press 243 pp. Profuse photos, drawings & colored frontis by Peter
Darro. Only 1,000 signed numbered slipcased copies. Batten’s 4th book. Game from four continents: moose, whitetail deer, elk,
European red, fallow & roe deer, exotic Indian animals and some fine African species, plus Batten’s special chapter on big game
rifles. As new in like orig. slipcase. $ 165.00
16. Batten, J. THE BEST OF SHEEP HUNTING 1981 NJ Trade ed. in one volume. 596 pp. Sheep hunting in N. America, Middle
East & throughout Asia. An immediate sellout. Batten is synonymous with sheep hunting & mountain game. Excellent reading.
Bibliography & appendix on rifles for sheep hunting. Near fine in like slipcase. $ 200.00
a. another, trade ed done for the Foundation of North American Wild Sheep, their crest on front cover. Fine in vg+ to near fine
slipcase. $ 200.00
b. another, true 2 volume FIRST ed, signed numbered limited. Fine set in like slipcase. $ 500.00
17. Bell, W.D.M. BELL OF AFRICA 1960 UK 1st ed. 236 pp. Ill. Biography of one of the greatest elephant hunters of all time. Fine
in near fine dj. A must for readers and collectors. $ 200.00
18. Boddington, C. AFRICAN EXPERIENCE: A Guide to Modern Safaris. 2002 CA 302 pp. Profuse color ill. The SIGNED numbered
slipcased deluxe edition that sold out right after publication. Great reading. As new in like slipcase. $ 275.00
19. Boone & Crockett RECORDS OF NORTH AMERICAN BIG GAME 1971 edition. Fine in jacket. $ 125.00
20. Boyes, J. THE COMPANY OF ADVENTURERS 1928 E Africa 318 pp. Ill. Boyes was one of the men most admired by Theodore
Roosevelt. He had more thrilling adventures in the African wilds in real life than most men have in fiction. Tremendous accounts
of hunting with especially good comments on the life of an elephant hunter…by a man who should know. He hunted big tuskers in
the legendary Lado Enclave area and for lions and buffalo (as well as more elephant) with W N McMillan and CWL Bulpett.
Consistently sought after and RECOMMENDED. VG+. $ 1,600.00
21. Bradnum, F. THE LONG WALKS Journeys to the Sources of the White Nile. 1969 London 271 pp, ill, end paper maps. Burton,
Speke, Grant and Baker. Good reading overview. Near fine in vg dj. $ 45.00
22. Brooks, V. SCREED OF A SAFARI SCRIBE 1947 TN Privately printed for the wife of Weatherby Award winner BERRY
BROOKS. 84 pp. Ill. Large format. 8½ x 11 in. Orig. printed soft covers. The story of one of Brooks’ early African hunts for the big five
and general plains game. He hunted with Donald Ker and met Sid Downey. Later on in the safari, in Kenya’s Northern Frontier
District, they hunted with Frank Bowman. RARE. VG+. Inscribed. Laid inside are five envelopes with cards showing Berry and/or
Virginia on their travels. Super item for the collector. $ 975.00
23. Brown, Monty Richard John Cuninghame 1871-1925. 2004 London 398 pp, ill. Naturalist, hunter, gentleman. A man of high
standing in the ranks of big game hunting at the turn of the last century. He was associated with every major safari and knew every
major hunter. Roosevelt held him in high esteem (he was the leader of TR’s expedition) as well as for many other notables.
Perhaps because he himself wrote little, and because there never was a biography, he was not known until now. Monty Brown’s
thorough biography is a welcome addition to any hunting collection. Ltd to 1,000 numbered copies. NEW. Large format—extra
postage. $ 225.00
24. Burnham, F.R. TAKING CHANCES 1944 CA 293 pp. Ill. By the author of Scouting on Two Continents. His second, originally
privately printed autobiography. Contains some elephant hunting and thoughtful piece, “Taps for the Great Selous.” Hinges are
weak but the covers are nice and the book is fine internally. Scarce in first edition. $ 225.00
25. Burnham, F.R. SCOUTING ON TWO CONTINENTS 1927 London 1st UK ed. 370 pp. Rider Haggard said that in real life,
Burnham was more interesting than any hero of romance. Covers his lifetime adventures & hunting on two continents. The UK
edition is luch larger than the US, printed on better paper and with much better photos. Fine. $ 525.00
26. Burton Association. Harrison, W. BURTON AND SPEKE A Novel about the African Explorers. 1982 NY 1st ed. 420 pp. A great
novel of African adventure and a portrayal of great characters. Fine in like dj. $ 75.00
27. Burton R (Biography) Farwell, B. BURTON 1963 London 431 pp Ill. 1st ed A soldier, explorer, adventurer & diplomat who
sought fame and fortune in the far corners of the world. Farwell has written many books about explorers. This is one of the better
Burton biographies. Fine in like dj. $ 50.00
28. Caldwell, E. THE ART OF EDMUND CALDWELL VOL TWO 1982 Zimbabwe at the Frank Read Press. Imperial Folio #150 of
only 250 copies. 215 pp. showing 44 of the most splendid African wildlife paintings around. Caldwell ranks with Baines in terms of
worldwide recognition and in fact is rarer than Baines and his works bring as much or more money than Kuhnert! This book (part
one was the art in Jock) was an immediate sellout as virtually all copies were presubscribed! And that was when the Zim dollar
was worth a lot more. An entirely hand made book produced by a combination of photolithography and hand lithography on
special paper and leather spine over thick hand cloth covered boards. A splendid production. Near fine copy. Large format—extra
postage. $ 1,800.00
29. Caldwell, H. BLUE TIGER 1925 London 1st UK ed. 261 pp. Ill. Intro. by Roy Chapman Andrews. In Southern China after
bighorn sheep, tigers and wapiti. Caldwell was Andrews’ guide and Andrews considered him one of the finest hunters he ever met.
Nice vg+ copy of a scarce book. MUCH nicer, in larger format and on better paper than its earlier issued US edition. $ 400.00
30. Capstick, Peter LAST HORIZONS 1988 MS Signed, numbered limited edition of this popular work. 277 pp, ill. All edges gilt.
One of Capstick’s later works. Fine. $ 110.00
31. Capstick, Peter A MAN CALLED LION Biography of John Pondoro Taylor. 1984 First edition LIMITED 1000 copies. Numbered
SIGNED by Capstick. 330 pp, ill. Very collectible Capstick limited ed. Former owner details lightly written inside front cover. Fine in
like slipcase. $ 375.00
32. Capstick, Peter THE LAST IVORY HUNTER The Saga of Wally Johnson, the noted elephant hunter. 1988 NY. Trade edition. 220
pp, ill. Fine in like dj. $ 35.00
a. another, 1988 NY Limited ed, ONLY 500 copies, signed by BOTH Capstick and Johnson. Luxuriously hand bound in full genuine
gilt stamped elephant hide & housed in original box with a Coheleach illustration on the front. Book & box both FINE. And with an
extra inscription from Capstick to a good friend. $ 550.00
33. Carpenter, R.R.M. GAME TRAILS FROM ALASKA TO AFRICA 1938 Privately printed for the author who edited the 1939 B&C
records book. 180 pp, ill. ONLY 850 copies printed. In Alaska, Western US, Cassiars, plus jaguar hunting in Mexico and a Wyoming
bighorn hunt. Better than VG+. Scarce. $ 250.00
34. Casada, J., Editor FREDERICK C. SELOUS A HUNTING LEGEND Recollections by and about the great hunter. 2000 CA 187
pp, ill. Ltd to 1,000 signed, numbered, slipcased copies. The second of Casada’s two books on Selous. As new in like orig.
slipcase. $ 65.00
35. Cattrick, A. SPOOR OF BLOOD 1959 S Africa 229 pp. Ill. Bibliography. Capsule biographies and hunting incidents in the lives
of famous hunters, including Selous, Pretorius, Wolhuter, Harris, etc. Great reading. VG (pages yellowed) in like dj. $ 75.00
a. another, vg+ in vg+ dj. $95.00
36. Cedergren, S. THE ADVENTUROUS LIFE OF A VAGABOND HUNTER 2000 CA 326 pp, ill. Biography of one of Africa’s most
respected white hunters. Stories from East Africa to Botswana during his long, illustrious career. Much on the big five and other
glamour game. Ltd ed of 1,000 signed, numbered, slipcased copies. As new in like slipcase. $ 150.00
37. Chadwick, W. GIANTS OF THE FOREST: AFRICAN HUNTING EXPERIENCES 1928/9 First. IN 326 pp 16 full page ill. by
KUHNERT. Lion buffalo, eland, roan, sable. Chadwick earned a living selling the ivory and lion skins from his trophies. A more than
generous dose of big game hunting. Better than vg (some wear at top of spine otherwise actually vg+) in orig. black printed cloth.
38. Chapman, A. ON SAFARI: Big Game Hunting in British East Africa. 1908 London FIRST ed. 340 pp, 170 ill. Incl some by
Caldwell. Pictorial cover, elephant. Lots of exciting hunting by someone very experienced hunting throughout East Africa: the Athi
Plains, Baringo and Mau forests etc. Well written. A deservedly sought after big game hunting title. Near fine. $ 1,950.00
a. another, 1988. Briar Patch Press trade ed. Reprint. Gilt pictorial cover. Fine. $ 150.00
b. another, deluxe ed (500 copies) bound in full gilt leather, raised spine bands, all edges gilt, slipcased. Fine. $ 200.00
39. Clark, M. PINNELL AND TALIFSON: LAST OF THE GREAT BROWN BEAR MEN 1981 WA 1st ed., 4th prtg. 224 pp. Ill. The men
who created a hunting legacy by accounting for over 1/3 of all B&C brown bears, written by a man who guided for them for 9 years.
Fine in near fine dj. $ 75.00
40. Cobbold, R. INNERMOST ASIA: A RECORD OF SPORT IN THE PAMIRS 1900 London FIRST ed. 354 pp. Profuse ill. Very large
folding map in rear. Cobbold was the first sport hunter to actively hunt the Pamirs and took the first photo of a live ovis poli sheep.
A very important work for the sheep hunter. One of the few good books with much on Marco Polo sheep. Orig. cloth. Very scarce. The
front and back covers are fine and the gilt Marco Polo head and horns on the front is crisp. The spine is lightly faded and shows
minor wear. Internally book is fine. So, overall better than vg+ to near fine. Now rare in first edition. $ 2,600.00
a. another, the Briar Patch ltd ed (500 copies) reprint bound in genuine leather, slipcased. Fine. $ 275.00
41. Cranworth, L. KENYA CHRONICLES 1939 London First 368 pp. Ill. Kenya history & sporting memories. Author was both a
noted public official and avid big game hunter. Much on the war in German and British East Africa as well as sporting memories.
VG+ to very near fine in orig. cloth. $ 850.00
42. Crowe, P. SPORT IS WHERE YOU FIND IT 1953 NY 189 pp. Ill. LIMITED to 1,475 numbered copies. China, England, Alaska,
Indo-China and the eastern US for all forms of sport. This copy with a nice dated inscription to someone who was obviously a close
friend. VG+ in fair to vg only dj. Fairly scarce. $ 150.00
43. Daly, M. BIG GAME HUNTING AND ADVENTURE 1897-1936 1937 London 322 pp. Ill. Gilt pict. cover. Daly was a popular
professional hunter in SUDAN. He hunted much of Equatorial Africa, especially in the Congo. He treats the game in general and
the big 5 separately. A truly memorable African hunting book. Recommended. Very near fine in vg+ and rare dj. $ 650.00
44. Dyer, Tony MEN FOR ALL SEASONS 1995 CA the signed limited edition that sold out in one year! Large format. Over 400
pages with an amazing 375 photos. Great men who created and expanded the big game hunting industry in East Africa. Near fine
in like dj and with an extra inscription from Dyer on front free end paper. Large format—extra postage. $ 400.00
45. Dyer, Tony CLASSIC AFRICAN ANIMALS: THE BIG FIVE Winchester Press First ed. 1973 Signed by Both Kuhn and Dyer. 154
pp. Ill. By BOB KUHN in color & b/w. The big 5 in print and picture as only two great men could present them. VG to VG+ in like dj.
Signed 1st editions, esp. by both author and artist, are rare. $ 150.00
a. another, the Trophy Room Books signed, numbered limited edition. Fine in fine jacket. $ 175.00
46. Eddy, J. HUNTING ON THE KENAI PENINSULA 1925 Privately printed for the author who also wrote Hunting the Alaska
Brown Bear. Ninety pages of sheep, moose and bear hunting. RARE. By the author of Hunting the Alaska Brown Bear. Not quite
vg+, recased in orig. cloth. New endpapers. A few minor, hard to see spots on front cover. A RARE book. $ 775.00
47. Eddy, J. HUNTING THE ALASKA BROWN BEAR A Sportsman’s adventures in an unknown valley after the greatest carnivorous
animal in the world. Wolfe Publ. reprint of 1930 NY first ed. 253 pp. 44 ill. 3 maps. Complete record of brown bear hunting
throughout Alaska. Candidly, one of the BEST reading books on the subject. A beautiful, crisp fine copy in orig glassine wrapper.
48. Ennis, C. DIARY OF A HUNT 1964 CA Privately printed. 104 pp, ill, large format. Soft covers. A two-month safari in 1958 and
another long one in 1960 with noted Bill Ryan. East Africa hunting in the golden days hunting with a PH Legend! RARE. This is the
first time we had one to list. VG condition. Soft covers show some wear, rear cover is soiled, someone tried to erase pencil writing.
Listed at a fraction of what a nicer copy would sell for. $ 375.00
49. Findlay, F. BIG GAME SHOOTING AND TRAVEL IN SOUTH-EAST AFRICA 1990 SC reprint of orig. ed. 313 pp. Ill. Briar Patch
Press. New intro. by Jim Casada. Fine reprint of a scarce and deserved classic. Ranks with Selous’ Travel and Adventure in South
East Africa as one of the best hunting titles on this game rich area. As new. $ 100.00
a. another, the deluxe ed ltd to 500 copies, bound in genuine leather and slipcased. $ 200.00
50. Finton, W. ALASKAN BEAR ADVENTURES 1937 NY 167 pp. Ill. End paper maps. One of the scarcest and most spellbinding
of all bear hunting books. Story of a sportsman’s hunt for the world’s largest bear on the black Bering Sea shores of the Alaska
Peninsula. Finton’s adventures with bears will give the reader a yearning to do likewise. One of the best, most collectible, most
elusive North American bear hunting titles. FINE in the rare but vg dj. $ 700.00
51. Flack, P. HUNTING THE SPIRAL HORNS—ELAND - every man’s elephant. 2013 S Africa. Second book in the series on
hunting the spiral horns. 303 pp, profuse colored ill. Large format. Ltd to 200 signed, numbered slipcased copies. This is recognized
as the definitive book for the eland hunter. Covers all the subspecies, hunting and so much more. Great to read and to look at. An
immediate sellout. Special postage. $ 250.00
52. Flack, P. TALES OF A TROPHY HUNTER IN AFRICA 2003 CA Ltd ed of 1,000 copies, signed, #’d, slipcased. Hunting stories
from around the continent, east to west and north to south. 251 pp. Ill. One of today’s most popular authors hunts some great African
game - both dangerous and glamorous. Fine in like slipcase. $ 125.00
53. Forbath, P. THE RIVER CONGO 1977 NY 417 pp. Ill. Discovery & exploration of the world’s most dramatic river. Tremendous
overview of the Congo (now ZAIRE). Good reading. Fine in like jacket. $ 35.00
54. Gordon Cumming, R FIVE YEARS HUNTING ADVENTURES IN SOUTH AFRICA 1987 Briar Patch Press SC 352 pp, ill. All
edges gilt. Lion, elephant, buffalo, rhinoceros etc. Classic on African big game hunting. This book popularized sport hunting in
South Africa with adventures that have long been remembered and often reprinted. Deluxe ed: 500 copies bound in full genuine
gilt genuine leather, slipcased. Both near fine. $ 125.00
55. Hall, R. LOVERS ON THE NILE 1980 NY 254 pp Ill. 1st Amer ed. same yr as 1st Brit. Frontis map. Biography of Samuel Baker’s
search for the Nile’s sources. Fine in like jacket. $ 40.00
56. Harris, W.C. THE WILD SPORTS OF SOUTHERN AFRICA 1841 London 3rd ed (the first to contain the full complement of hand
colored plates AND two extra chapters). 359 pp. Ill. Considered the first, and a cornerstone title, essential in any African sporting
library. The first big game hunting book ever written, credited with popularizing big game hunting in Africa throughout the world.
As good to read today as it was over 165 years ago. The 3rd & 4th editions are the most sought after because of the colored plates.
Elegantly bound in half leather, gilt rules, raised spine bands, gilt rules in bands, colored gilt spine title/author labels. VG+ to near
fine. Internally FINE and free of any foxing on plates. $ 2,000.00
a. another, 1844 4th ed, original red cloth, elaborately blind stamped and with gilt animal vignettes on front cover and spine. All
edges gilt. VG+ copy (fine internally). Very hard to find in bright original gilt cloth, especially with only mild wear at spine tips and
slight wear at corners. Great for any collector. $3,000.00
b. another, Briar Patch trade ed. 369 pp. Ill. Handsome reprint of a great book. Fine. $ 125.00
c. another, Briar Patch limited ed, 500 copies in full gilt stamped genuine leather. Raised spine bands. All edges gilt. Slipcased.
Fine. $ 175.00
57. Hartley, L. HUNTERS HEARTBEAT 1985 NJ 18th in the African Hunting Heritage series. Chronicles two generations of a
professional hunting family in East Africa. 241 pp. Illustrations from the author’s great personal collection. Ltd to 1,000 signed
numbered slipcased copies. Fine like slipcase. $ 175.00
58. Haugen, S. HUNTING THE ALASKAN HIGH ARCTIC 2000 CA 240 pp. ill. Hunting grizzly bear, dall sheep, moose, caribou and
polar bear in the Arctic circle. Ltd ed, 1000, signed, #’d, slipcased copies. As new in like slipcase. $ 55.00
59. Heaton, T. IN TELEKI’S FOOTSTEPS A Walk Across East Africa. 1989 London 1st ed. 292 pp. Story of the author’s retracing the
footsteps of Count Teleki across previously unexplored east Africa. The orig. ed by Von Höhnel is rare and expensive. This is a
great read about a truly great journeys of discovery in Africa. As new in like dj. $ 125.00
60. Hemingway, E. TRUE AT FIRST LIGHT A fictional memoir. 1999 NY 1st ed. 319 pp. Dramatic fictional account of his last safari.
Fine in like dj. $ 55.00
61. Herbert, A. CASUALS IN THE CAUCASUS 1912 London 331 pp. Ill. Sporting holiday after TUR in Russia. Also bear. Excellent
descriptions of the hunting country and some of the finest tur photos we’ve ever seen. Must reading for anyone planning to hunt
the Caucasus. Near fine. $ 700.00
62. Herne, B. WHITE HUNTERS The Golden Age of African Safaris. 1999 NY. Stated FIRST ED. 468 pp ill. The 80-year span of the
golden age of African safaris. Great reading. Fine in near fine dj. $ 125.00
63. Herne, B. UGANDA SAFARIS 1979 NY Second ed. By Winchester Press. 236 pp. Ill. Foreward by TONY DYER. Chronicles a
professional hunter’s adventures in Africa. Orig. publ. by the National Sporting Fraternity in a ltd ed., this is the popular trade ed.
Near fine in vg+ to nr fine dj. $ 100.00
a. Another, first ed by Amwell Press. Ltd to 1,000 signed, numbered copies. NO slipcase. Former owner name inside. $ 75.00
b. another, also Amwell. Fine, no slipcase. $ 125.00
64. Hert, C. TRACKING THE BIG CATS 1955 ID 330 pp. Ill. Tremendous stories of hunting big mountain lions in southern
California in the days when they were plentiful and plenty big. Hert spent his entire life as a lion hunter. Very scarce. One of the best
mountain lion hunting books around. Near fine and in a vg+ (and scarce) dj. Scarce in this condition. $ 450.00
65. Hines, S. TROPHY ROOMS AROUND THE WORLD Volume FOUR. Only 1,500 copies of this were ever printed. 228 pp.
Profuse ill. Large format. Great trophy rooms and articles. Book fine, jacket wrinkled. $ 60.00
66. Holman, J. SHEEP AND BEAR TRAILS Deluxe edition #63 of only 75 copies. 1933 NY One of only a handful of books to also
bear the imprint of the Boone & Crockett Club. Great sheep and bear hunting. In FINE condition and in original slipcase with
matching number on case. Case is in VG+ condition. VERY SCARCE because of limited printing and with slipcase in such nice
condition. Very desirable and a very limited edition. $ 1,650.00
67. House, E. A HUNTER’S CAMPFIRES 1909 NY 401 pp. 80 ill. Cassiars of BC for stone sheep. Elsewhere in BC & the western
US for bighorn, elk & grizzlies. One chapter on Africa. Great photos, good reading. Consistently popular title. Better than vg+, not
quite near fine. $ 250.00
68. Hubback, T. H. TO FAR WESTERN ALASKA FOR BIG GAME 1929 London Rowland Ward 232 pp. Ill. Gilt pict. cover/spine. Pull
out rear pocket map. Two trips to Alaska for big game, especially good on sheep and bear. Highly recommended and sought after
Rowland Ward book. Better than VG+. $ 450.00
a. another, Rowland Ward London 1st. Fine bright copy in the scarce vg+ dust jacket. $ 1,200.00
69. Hubback, T.H. ELEPHANT AND SELADANG HUNTING IN THE FEDERATED MALAY STATES 1905 London ROWLAND
WARD 289 pp. Profuse ill. Zebra and papers. One of the only books on these two game animals—in fact just about the only good
information available on the seladang. Well written by the author of TO FAR WESTERN ALASKA. One of the rarest of all Rowland
Ward published books. Near fine in orig. red cloth, gilt stamped cover and spine, beveled boards and showing no wear. Great for
any collector. $ 2,800.00
70. Jamsheed, R. MEMORIES OF A SHEEP HUNTER 1996 CA 333 pp. ill in color & b/w. The LIMITED edition (only 500 copies)
of this great sheep hunting book by the man who worked for Iran’s hunting Prince. Whether it’s in Asia or North America, reading
this book is like sheep heaven. The ltd ed. is very hard to come by. As new in like orig. slipcase. $ 475.00
71. Johnson, C. WITH MEMSAAB ON THE RUNGWA 1958 CA Privately printed for the author. Ltd ed, numbered, signed by author.
117 pp. Ill. End paper maps. Orig. imit. Leopard corduroy covers. Hunting in the northern and central provinces of what is now
Tanzania. Another trip with PH George Dove through Tanganyika Tours & Safaris. VG+ in orig. leopard patterned cloth. Very scarce.
72. Johnson, C. WITH MEMSAAB ON SAFARI 1956 Privately printed for the author. #252 of a limited ed. 110 pp. Ill. Hunting in
TANZANIA with PH George Dove. One of the more interesting privately printed books. Fine condition, bound in orig. zebra striped
corduroy. A safari as it was in the golden days. Scarce. Signed by the author. $ 300.00
73. King, G. AFRICAN GAME TROPHIES 1924-1926. 1939 Winona MN 1st ed, 4th prtg. Privately printed for the author. 35 pp.
Profuse ill. Orig. printed wraps. 9½ x 6 in. Two trips made by Mr & Mrs King to Kenya and Tanganyika for dangerous & plains game.
Mrs. King also wrote a book about this trip. An excellent booklet. Scarce, only a handful of copies done in any ed. Better than VG+.
74. Kingsley, M. TRAVELS IN WEST AFRICA Congo Francais, Corisco and Cameroons Folio Society 2007 London reprint edition
of this well known book by a woman explorer. 542 pp. Ill. No hunting, but a scarce travel book with much good information on a still
little known part of Africa. Not much available on Cameroons. Fine in near fine slipcase. $ 80.00
75. Kingsley-Heath, John HUNTING THE DANGEROUS GAME OF AFRICA 1998 CO 477 pp, profuse ill. Great dangerous game
stories by a veteran hunter and able story teller. The big five + hippo and something on rifles as well. One of the most exciting and
popular books of the last six years. Fine in fine dj. John died in June of 2011 and since that time the book has been much in
demand. One of the best books you will ever read. Heavy book. Large format—extra postage. $ 400.00
a. another, fine in vg+ dj. $ 350.00
b. another, the deluxe full leather bound and leather slipcased ed. of 500 copies. Number P466. (The P probably refers to Peder
Lund, President of the company that published John’s book and is one of the copies he gave as a gift.) Fine but no slipcase.
76. Kirby, F.V. IN HAUNTS OF WILD GAME 1936 Edinburgh FIRST EDITION 576 pp. Ill. incl. plates by Whymper. Color fold out map.
A hunter’s wanderings from Khalamba to the Limbombo. Teeming with hunting stories. Kirby is known for his pursuit of lions and
elephants. This is the first book to talk about the different haunts of leopards and different hunting methods for best success. A true
classic of big game hunting. Great reading. Finely bound in half brown calf, marbled boards, raised spine bands and original
covers and end papers bound in at front and rear. Bound in at rear are the first book reviews of this title. Fine. $ 975.00
77. Locke, A. THE TIGERS OF TRENGGANU 1954 NY 1st Amer. Ed. The book was so popular there were 3 printings in the first
year it was published! 191 pp. Ill. Like Corbett and Anderson, Locke is recommended for all who enjoy tiger tales. VG+ in vg+ dj.
78. Lydekker, R. THE GAME ANIMALS OF INDIA BURMA MALAYA AND TIBET 1924 2nd ed, revised. London ROWLAND WARD.
412 pp. Ill. Zebra pattern end papers. Covers each animal on a specie by specie basis. Companion volume to Game Animals of
Africa. Orig. green cloth binding. VG+, crease in top of spine and some separation in orig zebra endpapers. Value priced.$200.00
79. MacIntyre, D. HINDU KOH or WANDERINGS AND WILD SPORT IN THE HIMALAYAS Gilt pictorial cover: markhor. Asian Series
ltd ed (500 copies) reprint of 1st ed. 362 pp, ill. Ibex, markhor, blue sheep, antelope, deer, & bear. One of the best books on all
Himalayan game. Full genuine gilt leather binding, all edges gilt. Slipcase. As new. $ 200.00
80. Manners, H. KAMBAKU 1986 NJ 457 pp. Ill. Foreword by Tony Sanchez Ariño. Author’s life story of his elephant hunting both
for sport and ivory in Mozambique. Very popular. Second enlarged ed. Issued by the National Sporting Fraternity. Ltd to 1,000
signed, numbered, slipcased copies. Fine in like slipcase. $ 350.00
81. Martindale, T. SPORT INDEED 1901 PA 346 pp. Ill. Moose & caribou in the northwestern US and some upland game bird
hunting as well. Slightly better than vg in orig. pictorial cloth. $ 85.00
82. Martindale, T. WITH GUN AND GUIDE 1910 PA 337 pp. Ill. Northern BC for grizzlies. E. Canada for moose. Popular N Amer.
title. Slightly better than a reading copy in orig. pictorial cloth. Tear on front free end paper, otherwise contents are nice. $ 60.00
83. Matthiessen, P. THE TREE WHERE MAN WAS BORN: THE AFRICAN EXPERIENCE 1972 NY 247 pp. Ill. From the upper Nile
through the Sudan to Lake Rudolph with a great naturalist & photographer. Fine. Jacket. $ 35.00
84. McCracken, H. ROUGHNECKS AND GENTLEMEN 1968 NY 441 pp. Ill. Autobiography of an extraordinary individual.
McCracken pursued most N. American game trails, especially in Alaska. He is THE expert on American bears. Here are the
roughnecks and gentlemen he met along the big game hunting trails. Fine in vg+ dj. With a great, lengthy handwritten presentation
from author. Signed and dated. $ 200.00
85. McCurdy, R. LIFE OF THE GREATEST GUIDE Hound stories and other tales of Dale Lee. 1981 AZ FIRST EDITION 237 pp
Profuse ill. Hunting jaguar and cougar with hounds in some of the most game rich country in recent history. One of the BEST books
on the subject. Fine in vg+ dj and SIGNED by Dale Lee. Very scarce in first ed. $ 400.00
86. McCutcheon, J. IN AFRICA: ADVENTURES IN BIG GAME HUNTING COUNTRY 1910 IN 402 pp. Profuse ill. Top edge gilt.
Dedicated to those adventurous souls who resent the restraint of the beaten path. Hunting along the equator where the roar of the
lion and the crack of the rifle are part of everyday life and where in a few months you can store up enough memories to last a
lifetime. Excellent reading. RECOMMENDED. A lovely copy, very near fine in a custom fine half leather binding, marbled boards
and endpapers, raised spine bands, gilt rules in bands, gilt rhino head on top of spine. $ 975.00
87. McGowan, J. SPORT HUNTER IN AFRICA 2000 CA 226 pp, 105 ill. John McGowan has been dipping his pen and rifles in
Africa from 1952 to almost 2000. He’s carted rifles through dust, brush, forest and plain in order to carry out a variety of trophy
animals, that include TWO 100-pound elephants on one safari! And several great greater kudu. John also notes that it’s considerate
of the African lion to knock you unconscious when it charges so you don’t feel anything while it chews on you. He hunted for 48
years with the top PHs from Kenya, Tanzania, Central Africa, Uganda and Zambia. His well written stories make for good reading.
Limited to 1,000 signed, numbered copies in dj. As new. $ 85.00
88. Medem, R. PERSIA SAFARI ON THE SUMMITS 1987 CA 200 pp, ill. Limited to 1,000 numbered copies signed by the
publisher. Covers two very long safaris in Iran for every type of mountain game found in the country. This Weatherby Award winner
was a noted sheep hunter. His stories are very interesting. Fine in like dj. $ 200.00
89. Morkel, B. HUNTING IN AFRICA 1980 S Africa 250 pp. Ill. Popular book written by a popular African Professional Hunter. VG+
in like dj. $ 85.00
90. Morse, I.& J. UNDER AFRICAN SKIES (revised edition) including stories of our 1938 trip. 84 pp, ill. Privately printed 1942 CT
Big game hunting in East Africa. Lots on lion, some exciting moments with buffalo and lots more. Capt. Hewlett was one of their phs.
Authors were founders of the Morse Museum in NH. Orig. printed soft covers. Near fine. Scarcest of the Morse titles. $ 100.00
91. Morse, I. THE STORY OF OUR ELEPHANT HUNT nd ca 1950 From the founder of the Morse Museum in Warren NH comes
the story of his elephant hunt in Kenya with noted hunter Leslie Tarlton. Privately printed for the author. 24 pp. Orig. printed soft
covers. 8¾ x 6 in. Scarce. VG+ with orig. admission ticket laid inside. $ 125.00
92. Muirhead, J. IVORY POACHING AND CANNIBALS IN AFRICA 1933 London 296 pp. Ill. An interesting work as author earned
his livelihood poaching elephants in the Belgian Congo. In addition to lots of lion hunting, there is hunting for buffalo and lion. A
super book to read. Pretty original binding with gilt life-size elephant on front cover and elephant head on spine. Almost near fine.
Becoming very hard to get. $ 1,600.00
93. Myers, A. LIFE WITH THE HAMRAN ARABS 1876 London 355 pp. Ill. WITH ORIGINAL PHOTOS LAID IN THE BOOK. Orig. gilt
stamped binding. A two year hunting tour throughout the Sudan. Superior Sudan hunting & a scarce photographic item, making it
a rare book, not often listed. Original photos by Rowland Ward are tipped in by hand. Amazingly near fine copy, gilt bright, and with
no foxing whatsoever. The book is RARE and one of the nicest copies we have ever seen. Housed in a custom made slipcase.
94. Oates, F. MATABELELAND AND THE VICTORIA FALLS: A naturalist’s wanderings in the interior of South Africa. Author was
one of the first to see Victoria Falls in full flood. 1881 London 433 pp. Profuse b/w & colored ill. Large fold out map in rear. Beveled
boards. Very important and rare work on South Africa. Author set out to explore the area around Victoria Falls, bagging elephant,
buffalo and kudu, bushbuck, etc. He died on the return trip. Orig. pictorial cloth with zebra scene on front cover, waterbuck horns
on spine, & bustard gilt on rear board. A fire at the publisher’s warehouse shortly after publication destroyed almost all of the first
editions of this book and another ed was not published for 8 years. We have offered 3 first eds since 1971! Rowland Ward
bookseller ticket in front. This copy, amazingly, is a presentation copy from the editor, obviously one of the few people to have
received early copies! VG to vg+ (small closed tear top spine) in orig. cloth. $3,500.00
95. O’Connor, J. THE BEST OF JACK O’CONNOR 1977 NJ The National Sporting Fraternity SIGNED EDITION LIMITED TO 1,000
NUMBERED COPIES. One of only 3 signed Amwell O’Connor editions. Large format. 192 pp. Profuse ill. Fine in near fine slipcase.
a. another, fine in vg slipcase. $ 175.00
96. O’Connor, J. SHEEP AND SHEEP HUNTING 1974 Winchester Press FIRST ed. 308 pp. Ill. Everything you wanted to know
about hunting sheep from an acknowledged expert. First editions are hard to obtain. Fine in near fine dj. $ 250.00
97. O’Connor, J. THE BIG GAME RIFLE 1952 NY FIRST edition of this very popular book by the noted writer. 371 pp. ill. Sought
after by both hunting and gun book collectors. Fair condition. Internally fine but white cloth binding has been soiled. No jacket.
Good value for a reading copy. $ 55.00
98. Parker, I & Amin, M IVORY CRISIS 1983 London 184 pp Profuse b/w & color ill. Large format. Parker, an authority on the
world’s ivory trade and elephant management, is a former warden & big game hunter. An excellent look at man’s interest in the
African elephant and ivory. Photos by Mohamed Amin. Photo of Pat Auld of Kerrville in front. VG+. $ 60.00
99. Patterson, J.H. THE MAN-EATERS OF TSAVO Foreword by F C Selous. Popular story of the man-eating lions that almost
stopped a railroad. Briar Patch trade ed reprint. Fine. $ 125.00
a. another, Briar Patch deluxe ed (500 copies) bound in full gilt leather, raised spine bands, all edges gilt, slipcased. Spine lightly
faded otherwise near fine. $ 150.00
b. another, Briar Patch deluxe absolutely MINT in slipcase and book is in original glassine wrapper as well. $ 275.00
c. another copy 1927 enlarged ed w. foreword by FC Selous. VG+ in original gilt cloth. $ 250.00
100. Peel, C. SOMALILAND 1900 London 1st edition. 345 pp. Ill. incl. some by Caldwell. Gilt pict. cover. Two expeditions in the
African interior with a complete list of every animal known to inhabit the country. Notes on equipment needed to complete a
shooting expedition plus notes on spooring. Excellent African hunting book, the kind of which classics are made. Peel hunted all
the African game and records his adventures with gusto. Attractive, bright, better than VG+ in orig. red gilt cloth. $ 2,500.00
101. Percival, A. Blayney A GAME RANGERS NOTEBOOK and A GAME RANGER ON SAFARI 1985 NJ Limited ed. (1,000 copies)
reprint by the National Sporting Fraternity. Two volumes. Hundreds of pages of great reading. Highly recommended. A beautiful 2
volume set. One of the most desirable Amwell African items. Fine set in like slipcase. Large format—extra postage. $ 350.00
102. Percival, B. A GAME RANGER’S NOTEBOOK Briar Patch trade ed. Imitation leather binding. 374 pp. Ill. All edges gilt.
Percival was a member of Kenya Game Dept for 23 years. Chapters on lions and elephants are excellent. Info on stalking, tracking & photography. Recommended. Fine. $ 100.00
a. another, deluxe limited ed reprint. Bound in full gilt stamped genuine leather, raised spine bands. All edges gilt. Slipcased. As
new. $ 200.00
103. Pitman, C. A GAME WARDEN TAKES STOCK 1942 FIRST ED London 287 pp. Ill. Pitman was Uganda’s game warden in the
golden days of safari hunting. He is especially good on stalking lions, rhino, buffalo & elephant. Popular, good reading and hard
to find in first edition. Near fine in orig. green cloth AND in the scarce vg+ dj. $ 400.00
104. Plumb, H. THE LOG OF THE AMKA 1928 np Privately printed for the author. Orig. stiff board wraps. 8½ x 6 in. Trip with friends
including author Daniel Streeter (Denatured Africa author) and Richard Goodyear (tire magnate) to E Africa mainly for big
elephant. 53 pp. Ill. Soft covers. Tipped in map at rear showing trail of the elephant. Very scarce privately printed item. Near fine
collector condition. Very rare item that we have had only four times before. $ 1,250.00
105. Potocki, J. SPORT IN SOMALILAND 1988 SC reprint of one of the rarest big game hunting books. Large format. 135 pp. Ill.
Fold out map. Hunting throughout the region. A beautiful reprint, perhaps the best in their entire series. Full gilt stamped simulated
leather. Mint. $ 140.00
106. Prothero, W. THE DANGEROUS GAME 2006 Long Beach Ltd ed. only 500 signed, numbered, slipcased copies. 297 pp. ill.
True stories of hunting dangerous game on three continents. As new in like slipcase. $ 125.00
107. Quimby, B. ROYAL QUEST The Hunting Saga of HRH Prince Abdorreza Pahlavi of Iran. 2004 CA Limited ed of only 500
copies signed by both Quimby and Abdorreza. 324 pp. Ill. Hunting as only a modern royal could have done, armed with enthusiasm
and unlimited funds. Great trophies, good photos. Extra large format, very heavy. Fine in like fine orig. slipcase. Large format—
extra postage. $ 475.00
108. Rikhoff, J. HUNTING THE WORLD’S MOUNTAINS Foreword by John Batten 1984 NJ Ltd to 1,000 signed numbered &
slipcased copies printed for the Natl Sporting Fraternity and authorized for the benefit of Game Conservation Intl. 2 volumes,
almost 1,000 pages of excerpts from the greatest books ever written about mountain game hunting. Lots of sheep but other game
as well. Near fine in like slipcase. $ 275.00
109. Rikhoff, J. HUNTING THE AFRICAN BUFFALO 1984 NJ 599 pp. Ill. incl. drawings by Guy Coheleach. Limited to 1,000 signed,
numbered slipcased copies. Excerpts from the best books ever written on hunting big buffaloes throughout Africa. 13th title in the
popular African Hunting Heritage Series published by the National Sporting Fraternity. Fine in fine slipcase. $ 725.00
a. another, fine in vg+ slipcase. $ 600.00
b. We are also distributors for Amwell reprint HUNTING THE AFRICAN BUFFALO AND LION. New. $ 125.00
110. Roberts, T. THE MAMMALS OF PAKISTAN 1977 London 361 pp. Profuse ill. A technical but indispensable work on
Pakistan’s mammals. A complete listing of all Pakistan’s game animals, complete with distribution maps and excellent descriptions
of the habits, characteristics (including horn growth) of the game by species, by subspecies and by geographic region. Now that
Pakistan is open to hunting, this is an invaluable reference tool. Only a small number of copies were printed, mainly for reference.
Very scarce. Fine in vf+ dj & INSCRIBED by Rohil Nana (Pakistan guide) to Lloyd Zeman, noted sheep hunter booking agent.
111. Roosevelt, T. & Heller, E. THE LIFE HISTORIES OF AFRICAN GAME ANIMALS 1915 London from NY Scribner’s FIRST
edition plates. 2 vol: 798 pp. Profuse ill. Over 40 distribution maps. Hunting throughout Africa. Information on nearly every species
of game broken down by country. The most definitive hunting book written by Roosevelt. Nearly 40 pp. bibliography lists almost
every African big game hunting title written at the time. Scarce, sought after, highly recommended. Near fine set in original gilt &
pictorial cloth. Scarce & desirable. $ 2,000.00
112. Roosevelt, T. & K. EAST OF THE SUN AND WEST OF THE MOON 1926 NY First ed 284 pp. Ill. Photos of the then world record
ovis karelini and ibex. Kashmir, Ladakh, Himalayas. Many species of mountain game. Ovis poli hunting. VG+ in orig. gilt cloth.
113. Roosevelt, T. AFRICAN GAME TRAILS The African Wanderings of an American Hunter Naturalist. Capstick reprint. Fine, fine
dj. ed. $ 45.00
a. another, also 1st ed, in 2nd state green cloth binding. VG, hinges weak. $ 300.00
b. another, Easton Press 1992 reprint. Full elaborate gilt stamped leather binding. Raised spine bands, all edges gilt. Thick, heavy
book. A beautiful production. $ 175.00
114. Saad, T. DESERT BIGHORNS ARIZONA’S MOUNTAIN KINGS. Desert bighorn sheep presented in all their splendor. A sheep
hunter’s dream. Extra large format 8½ x 11 inches. 421 pages on thick coated paper. 365 color ill incl. Photos of the top 100 rams.
A pictorial and reading history of hunting for really big trophies 1953-2010. More desert bighorn hunting stories here than in any
other book. Saad’s book is destined to become a sheep hunting classic. Scores and measurements as well as top areas in Arizona
for bagging big sheep. Saad took his first bighorn in 1968 and then started guiding. He took 48 desert bighorns as well as other
sheep species. He’s been involved in every Arizona desert sheep organization. His co-author, a registered geologist, is also an
avid sheep hunter as well as guide and spends 60 days a year scouting and photographing desert sheep. Limited to 500
numbered signed copies. AS NEW, inscribed by Saad to former owner. Large format—extra postage. Very heavy. $ 300.00
115. Samson, J. THE GRIZZLY BOOK 1981 NJ 304 pp. Ill. National Sporting Fraternity book. Limited to 1,000 signed, numbered
slipcased copies. Foreward by Gene Hill. One of their most popular books. Fine in like slipcase. $ 150.00
116. Samson, J. HUNTING THE SOUTHWEST 1985 NJ 172 pp. Ill. Issued to Natl Sporting Fraternity members only. Ltd to 1,000
signed, numbered slipcased copies. All the game of the Southwestern US. Bighorn and aoudad sheep, coues’ deer, antelope,
cougar, elk, mule deer, javelina and some game birds. Fine in like slipcase. $ 75.00
117. Sanchez Ariño, Tony HUNTING IN ZIMBABWE signed limited numbered slipcased edition of 1,000 copies. Second in the
country hunting series. Very much in demand. Almost as new in like slipcase. Large format—extra postage. $ 1,350.00
118. Sanchez Ariño, Tony CLAWS AND FANGS 2011 CA 332 pp, ill. The deluxe signed, numbered, slipcased limited edition of
only 1,000 copies. Stories from a 50+ year career. Mainly elephant hunting but much on other dangerous game. Sanchez hunted
all over Africa. A lot on the old time elephant hunters and the way it used to be in the Golden Era of hunting. As new. $ 85.00
119. Sand, Rudolph THOSE WERE THE DAYS Thirty years of hunting wild sheep and goats of the world. 1992 CA Limited to 1,000
signed numbered slipcased copies. 288 pp. Profuse ill. In b/w & color. From the roof of the world to virtually every place that wild
sheep and goats can be hunted. Great reading. As new in like orig. slipcase. $ 800.00
121. Schillings, C. WITH FLASHLIGHT AND RIFLE A RECORD OF HUNTING ADVENTURES IN EQUATORIAL AFRICA 1905 NY
421 pp. Profuse ill. Equivalent to a 6 month sojourn among the wild game of Africa. Perennially popular title. VG+. $ 95.00
122. Schlegelmilch, C. MEMOIRS OF A HUNTER 1967 PA Privately printed for the author. 188 pp. Profuse ill. Experiences of a
Lancaster county big game hunter throughout Alaska, BC, and the US northwest. Lots of bear and sheep, including a trip to
Kodiak. VG+. $ 125.00
123. Schueren, A. FOXY’S LION TALES 1943 Privately printed for the author. 158 pp. 52 ill. 2 end paper maps. LIMITED to only 990
numbered copies. Photo inset front cover. Popular, scarce book on mountain lion hunting. Near fine in vg (scarce) dust jacket AND
from the library of noted author/sportsman, Ray Bergman, his small name stamp inside front and rear covers. Nice association.
Becoming scarce and sought after. $ 225.00
124. Selous, F.C. A HUNTER’S WANDERINGS IN AFRICA. One of the most widely read and often reprinted books. 1998 Bulawayo
Deluxe ed reprint. Bound in full genuine buffalo hide, raised spine bands, gilt stamped contrasting colored spine labels. 455 pp,
fold out map, ill. Top edge gilt. Housed in a custom made buffalo hide slipcase. Both FINE! $ 350.00
125. Selous, P. & Bryden, H. TRAVEL AND BIG GAME 1897 NY 195 pp. Ill. Gilt pict. cover. Selous’ cousin and Selous’ hunting
partner go to the Canadian Rockies for sheep, grizzlies, elk & moose. Africa for lion, rhino, leopard. Great reading. Sought by both
Africa and North American collectors, making it scarce. A nice copy in orig. gilt pictorial & printed cloth, beveled boards but with a
very light round moisture spot on front cover. Value priced. $ 200.00
126. Severinsen, K. HUNTER CLIMB HIGH 1973 London 228 pp. Ill. 5 maps. New Zealand thar and stag. American moose, bear & goat. Severinsen is a worldwide expert on wapiti. VG+ in like dj. $ 60.00
127. Sheldon, C. THE WILDERNESS OF THE UPPER YUKON 1911 NY 1st ed. Cornerstone book for any North American sheep
hunting collection. Considered accurate to this date. VG to Vg+ in bright orig. gilt pictorial cloth. Important North American sheep
hunting title. $ 375.00
a. another, the Premier Press limited ed reprint. All edges gilt. A nice reprint. Near fine condition. $ 125.00
128. Sheldon, C. Trilogy published by Amwell Press: Contains Wilderness of Denali, Wilderness of the North Pacific Coast Islands
and Wilderness of the Upper Yukon. Only 1,000 signed numbered copies in a triple opening slipcase. Fine set of 3 books in vg+
slipcase. Three book postage applies. $ 325.00
129. Siggins, A.J. MANKILLERS I HAVE KNOWN Trophy Room Books deluxe ltd ed (25 copies) reprint of 1933 London 1st ed. 312
pp, ill, top edge gilt. Central Africa and Rhodesia with a man who was fascinated by hunting man-eaters. In this, his third, popular
hunting book he tells of all man-eaters he encountered as well as l Lions, rhino, hippo and elephant. Scarce in first edition. A great
reading book. Bound in quarter gilt stamped leather, raised spine bands. In custom slipcase. As new. $ 250.00
130. Snyder, H. SNYDER’S BOOK OF BIG GAME HUNTING 1950 NY 302 pp. Ill. N. America for elk, moose, sheep, bear and goats.
In Africa with guides JA HUNTER and SID DOWNEY for, among other things, a world record elephant. Snyder was America’s first
Middle East Expert (1945) and the man who suggested that President Roosevelt give Ibn Saud a DC3 as a gift when he visited the
Middle East. A sharp guy, a good hunter, and a great reading book. LIMITED ED: only 99 copies of which only 93 were for sale.
Bound in half leather. Book as new. Original slipcase (rare to see this with the book) shows some wear and split but the original
label is complete and fine. Great item for any collector. $ 900.00
131. Stanley, W. & Hodgson, C. ELEPHANT HUNTING IN WEST AFRICA nd ca 1920 London 279 pp. Profuse ill. Elephant hunting
throughout the western African coast. Also lion & buffalo. Tremendous reading. Ranks with the best elephant titles written and the
ONLY one on elephants in western Africa. Splendid photos of many west African antelopes. Very scarce. Finely bound in black silk
book cloth with gilt stamped leather spine label, retaining orig. end papers. Near fine. $ 650.00
132. Stark, L. BIG GAME HUNTING ON THREE CONTINENTS 1971 TX 281 pp. ill. Large format. Two safaris in Mozambique, one
in Kenya and one in Somalia for a big bag of trophies. Also Alaska, India (tiger, leopard) and Iran (Ibex, urial & Armenian sheep).
Good reading. Fine. $ 100.00
a. another, Deluxe ltd ed (500 copies). Full leather binding. Fine in jacket AND inscribed by author. $ 250.00
133. Stelzner, B. GUIDE TO SAFARIS 1969 NY 1978 178 pp. A fine reading book intended as a guide to someone planning their
first African safari. Stelzner wrote this book after many of his own safaris. Scarce. Fine in jacket but with former owner’s stamp
bottom p99. Much info still rings true. $ 45.00
134. Stigand, C.H. THE GAME OF BRITISH EAST AFRICA 1913 London SECOND ed. 310 pp. Ill. Appendix on 72 game animals.
Orig. imit. Printed and gilt crocodile cloth. Stigand was one of the original hunters to accurately detail in print the methods of
spooring game. A great book, deservedly sought after by hunters and collectors. Kenya, Uganda, Eastern Congo. Orig. green
simulated crocodile hide, gilt stamped and printed pictorial of native on front cover. Better than vg (covers and text are near fine but
hinges are a bit, and we mean bit, weak). Value priced. $ 950.00
a. another, 1909 London FIRST ed, near fine! $ 2,000.00
135. Sullivan, Mark DEATH AND DOUBLE RIFLES the signed numbered limited ed. Long out of print. 2000 AZ 295 pp, color ill.
Low #57 (of 1,000). Top edges gilt. Genuine leather binding, gilt stamped. Mark is a controversial professional hunter known for
taking (sometimes needless) chances in getting BIG trophies, especially on dangerous game. However, his adventures make
great reading and his book has been very popular. This limited ed is almost as new. $ 295.00
136. Swayne, H. EARLY DAYS IN SOMALILAND and other tales. 1966 London 233 pp, ill. From the author of Seventeen Trips
through Somaliland and Through the Highlands of Siberia comes this work published from the author’s notes. About the time he
spent in Somaliland. As new in like dj. $ 95.00
137. Szechenyi, Z. THE LAND OF ELEPHANTS 1935 London 208 pp. Ill. Map. Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. Mostly elephants
with bongo & kudu as well. Enjoyable book, finally getting the recognition it deserves. Scarce. Great reading. VG to VG+, some
rubbing on lower 1" of rear board edge. Value priced. $ 475.00
138. Taber, W. TIGER BY THE TALE 1964 CO 95 pp. Ill. Large format. Orig. photo. Soft covers. Rod, rifle, camera & bow in India,
Mexico & Hawaii. Tiger and jaguar hunting are great. Inscribed by author. VG+ with order blank for his books bound in at rear.
139. Taylor, John AFRICAN RIFLES AND CARTRIDGES 1995 reprint for Members of the Firearms Classics Library. 432 pp, ill.
Bound in elaborately guilt genuine leather. Raised spine bands. All edges gilt. A lovely reprint. $ 90.00
140. Warren, D. MY BONGO—A WEEK OF ARCTIC DAYLIGHT 1962 33 pp. Ill. Soft covers. Hunting with the Warren’s for one of
Africa’s top trophies and from Africa’s bongo forests to the arctic for polar bear. He hunted in Kenya with noted PH John Sutton.
Near fine. From the library of Weatherby Award winner Basil Bradbury with his raised blindstamp. $ 125.00
141. Warren, D. ANGOLA SAFARI—ARCTIC HUNT 1965 48 pp. Ill. Soft covers. Two hunts for giant sable antelope and polar bear
by the noted Southern California sportsman. He hunted in Angola in the same group as Weatherby Award Winner Carlo Caldesi.
Scarce, VG+, nice item. $ 100.00
142. Warren, D. SAFARI TCHAD—CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC, Hunting British Columbia - Fishing Northwest Territories.
1969 47 pp. ill. Orig. printed soft covers. Barbary sheep, Lord Derby eland, Scimitar-horned oryx taken by this well known client
who hunted with the French PH legend Claude Vasselet. There are not many Americans who ever got to hunt with Vasselet and
even very few Frenchmen wrote about it. The Stone sheep hunt in BC was also with a legend, Leo Rutledge. VG+. Scarce.$ 95.00
143. Warren, D. HOW MY SAFARI COOKIE CRUMBLED IN AFRICA 1961 38 pp. Ill. Orig. printed soft covers. Hunting in Kenya with
professional hunter George Barrington (the same one that took John Batten). A great hunt. Near fine. $ 125.00
144. Warren, R. UTAH’S BIGGEST BUCKS second edition 1988. WA 464 pp, ill. Printed cover. (Issued without dust jacket). Vastly
expanded version of the scarce first edition. Using B& C measurement formula. Fine with orig. order form laid inside. $ 75.00
145. Warren, R. UTAH’S BIGGEST BUCKS 1977 UT 181 pp Profuse ill. A must for the deer hunter/collector and perhaps the only
book specializing on Utah. Fine in near fine dj. $ 90.00
146. Weatherby Foundation ADVENTURES AND DESTINATIONS Vol 1 (only one printed to date) 2012 CA 163 pp, Profuse color
ill. Ads in rear. Large format. A combination of Weatherby award winners and other notable hunters tell stories of hunts on five
continents. For Weatherby collectors, this is a must. As new, still in shrink wrap. Large format—extra postage. $ 75.00
147. Whelen, T. AMERICAN BIG GAME SHOOTING 1933 Western Cartridge Co. Il. 48 pp. ill. Orig. printed wraps. 7¾ x 5½ in.
Covers most N Amer. game animals. Info plus hunting stories. Nice and a scarce item. Near fine. $ 50.00
148. Whelen, T. HUNTING BIG GAME: An anthology of true and thrilling adventures. 1946 PA 339 and 282 pp. (2 vol set) AFRICA
AND ASIA and IN THE AMERICAS. Selections from the best and rarest big game hunting books: Sir Samuel Baker, FC Selous, WC
Oswell, A Neumann, St George Littledale and FV Kirby. VG+ set. DJ on vol 1 near fine, dj on vol 2 vg. TWO book postage applies.
149. Wilson, R.L. THEODORE ROOSEVELT HUNTER-CONSERVATIONIST 2009 MT. A Boone & Crockett Club publications.
Deluxe edition, only 1,000 signed, numbered copies. Now sold out. Extra Large format. 312 pp, over 200 ill. Reflecting the zest for
life that has made Roosevelt’s hunting books among the most often quoted, collected in first edition and reprinted, this shows TR
as the consummate hunter, outdoorsman etc. The life of TR, hunter, rancher, explorer, soldier, statesman & conservationist is
captured in word and picture. TR was one of the founders of the famed Boone & Crockett club so it is appropriate that they should
publish this monumental production. Very heavy. Large format—extra postage. $ 150.00
150. Wood, P. TRAVEL AND SPORT IN TURKESTAN 1910 London (1st ed) 194 pp. 100 ill. Map. Journeying 2500 miles
throughout highest Asia with the usual sporting detours: sheep, ibex, bears, roe deer, wapiti, ovis poli. Original red pictorial cloth.
Frontis photo faded as usual. Very scarce in true 1st ed. There are very few early books on sheep hunting in this part of the world.
VG+ in orig. red gilt pictorial cloth. Frontis faded. Presented and SIGNED by the author. $ 700.00
151. Wykes, A. NIMROD SMITH 1961 London 1st ed. 207 pp. Ill. Life of professional hunter T. Murray Smith, who guided many
famous hunters and spent a lot of time in Kenya & Tanzania. VG in fair dj. $ 85.00
152. Young, R. THROUGH MASAILAND WITH JOSEPH THOMSON 1962 IL 218 pp, line drawings. End paper maps. Thomson, one
of Africa’s great early explorers, is credited with being the first real explorer of Masailand. Young edits his work (now rare &
expensive) into a popular readable volume. As new in original glassine. $ 50.00
153. Johnson, P & Wannenburgh, A THE WORLD OF SHOOTING 1987 Switzerland 400 pp, profuse ill. Deluxe sponsoring
subscribers’ limited ed (1,000 copies). Information about hunting in the old world (Britain & Europe) + Africa, Austral-Asia, S.
America and the US. A sumptuous production of hunting game birds and wildfowl throughout most of the world where they are
hunted for sport. Printed entirely on thick coated stock. Bound in suede over morocco and in a heavy double-folded dust jacket and
housed in a silk slipcase with silver imprints of game birds. The trade ed of this was never produced; since all deluxe editions were
preordered, the book is almost impossible to obtain, this being only our second copy for sale. Book is fine as is dust jacket.
Slipcase is near fine. We don’t usually offer bird books, but this is so beautiful (scarce and sought after) that we had to make an
Section 2 NEW BOOKS FROM OTHER PUBLISHERS
201. Flack, Peter HUNTING THE SPIRAL HORNS—BUSHBUCK—the Little Big Buck. 2014 S. Africa Collectors' Edition of only
200 signed numbered slipcased copies. 350 pp, profuse color ill. Foreword by Lou Hallamore. The shy, elusive bushbuck is one
of Africa's most challenging trophies, especially for those who want a good trophy. Peter Flack is Africa's "most experienced hunter
who is not a professional" and it shows through in thorough research and knowledge imparted in his book. For the bushbuck
hunter, this contains everything you might want to know: from natural history and distribution to big game hunting. Peter even
makes the "how to hunt bushbuck" sections sprightly reading. There are quotes from old classic books and, as an experienced
hunter, Peter was able to elicit really good hunting stories from those going afield today. BUSHBUCK has everything a big game
hunter or book collector could want. Large format—extra postage. $175.00
202. Horn, Peter HUNTING ACROSS THE DANUBE 1914 NY 258 pp. Ill. This is the signed, numbered, LIMITED (only 200
copies) slipcased ed. Romania and Hungary are two of Europe's premier hunting destinations and Peter has been hunting there
for years. Probably close to 100 trips! No one is more qualified to write a book on hunting in this part of the globe—and it shows
in the great stories, written with enthusiasm and knowledge. $ 75.00
203. ONLY IN AFRICA by Tom Hammond 2012 MI Privately printed by the author. 416 pp, ill. LIMITED HARDBACK PRINTING.
Only Africa can provide hours and days of calmness and tranquility and then, in a flash with no warning, an encounter with death.
This is not a once in a lifetime surprise but a common occurrence in Africa. Its dangerous game—Cape buffalo, elephant, rhino,
lion, leopard and hippo have been hunted for centuries by the most adventurous hunters. If you ever had your life on the line
hunting, then you will identify. This is a book of stories about death defying occurrences experienced by the author while hunting
Africa’s dangerous game. Each year experienced hunters are killed while hunting. More are seriously injured. Tom Hammond
started hunting internationally in 1971. He has won awards from Safari Club International, the Conklin Foundation and the
Weatherby Foundation. It is ONLY IN AFRICA that these riveting stories of hunting dangerous game occurred. $55.00
204. de Lima, Jorge Alves ON THE TRACKS OF THE BIG FIVE IN ANGOLA 2013 NY 334 pp, hundreds of illustrations, privately
printed. Jorge Alves de Lima’s third book takes readers on a journey filled with adventure & sport during the second half of the 20th
century, telling the story of his years in Angola running the safari company, Kirongozi Angola, his return to Brazil where he hunted
the jaguar, and more. For over 40 years Jorge traveled through some of the world’s harshest landscapes, hunting everything from
elephants and rhinoceros to lion and jaguar. Jorge was the consummate adventurer. He describes his trips through the heart of
Africa and Brazil in pursuit of the most beautiful—and dangerous—animals on the planet. Life on the hunt was always a challenge,
and Jorge rose to the occasion. Firsthand accounts of his fellow hunters include Bill Negley, Hugo Seia, Tony Sanchez-Ariño,
Rubens Ribeiro Marx Junior, and Richard Mason. This book takes the reader on a safari resplendent with all of the trials and the
glory of hunting big game. Large format—extra postage. $90.00
205. Del Rosal, Jorge MY HUNTING 2011 FL 253 pp, an amazing 240 COLORED photographic ill. Very small edition, privately
printed. Jorge has been actively hunting for many years. Among his adventures: 7 elephant hunts, almost as many for lion and
leopard, numerous Cape buffalo hunts throughout Africa, hunting in too many African countries to list, plus jaguar & puma in South
America & Europe, Canada, Australia & the US. From the Foreword, “The words of the pages that lie ahead…are filled with
storytelling, nostalgia and humor.” Most of the book is about hunting big game in Africa. NEW in dj. $ 125.00
206. Denker, Kai-Uwe ALONG THE HUNTER’S PATH Thoughts and Experiences of a Professional Hunter. 2006 Namibia 506
pp, profuse color ill. Denker, one of Africa’s most respected active PHs, was born in Namibia and grew up hunting—both for himself
in Namibia, Mozambique, Cameroon and Tanzania and with clients. Denker was the first hunter allowed into East-Kavango
(Bushmanland) in 1993 and through his pioneering efforts, that relatively unknown part of Africa has recently yielded some great
hunting trophies. Denker hunted the big five, plus bongo, greater & lesser kudu etc. The middle section is entirely on hunting
elephant. Whether you are a hunter or a book collector, or both ALONG THE HUNTER’S PATH should be required reading.
207. Rikhoff, J., Editor HUNTING THE AFRICAN BUFFALO AND LION 2008 NJ 614 pp, line drawings by Guy Coheleach.
Originally issued in two separate limited editions, this trade release about hunting two of Africa’s greatest game animals combines
the best of both books and adds new chapters by well known and more recent professional hunters. You don’t get engaged to a
Cape buffalo, you get married to him for life—his or yours! And the African lion, a hunter itself, does not respond well to threats. So
when it comes you must make up your mind and clear out for it covers 100 yards in half the time of an Olympic runner. Some
animals may be considered more dangerous or beautiful—but few are more exciting. When you’re dealing with the likes of Selous,
Roosevelt, Millais, Foran, Stigand, Patterson, Madeira, Seia, Hallamore, de Lima and Coheleach, you have great reading.
208. Grant, Wayne INTO THE THORNS Hunting the Cattle-killing Leopard of the Matobo Hills. 2007 Zimbabwe. 569 pp, profuse
color ill. This book was published by African Hunter magazine—they really know their stuff—and so does the author, PH Wayne
Grant, who has many awards, including Professional Hunter of the year. He has plenty of dangerous game experience. If you’re
seeking a really good book about leopard hunting, there is plenty of leopard hunting here. It is well written and produced and a
book we enjoyed reading and are proud to recommend. Thick, heavy book. Special postage: Large format—extra postage.
Please note: we have a thousand titles (or more) in stock. Let us know if you seek something special. Please Contact Us with any special requests you might have.